Copywriter…. when you’re at a loss for words…
Current: Persway Productions, New York, NY
Head writer for a video production company specializing in social media packages. Develop content strategy and positioning recommendations across multiple social platforms. Deliver brand, image and narrative through a compelling, consistent message.
The Recovery Village
• Copywriter for website redesign. Developed a storytelling style that adheres to brand strategy. Keywords and trends analysis data incorporated into text. Researched medical terms and pulled statistical data.
• Marketing consultant and analyst for a dual-focused, nonprofit start-up. Developed a branding concept and prepared a timeline. Submitted two reports that identified funding opportunities and strategic areas to position the company.
Barbara Pryor, Esq.
• Copywriter for boutique real estate law firm. Developed content based on interviews and biographical research to highlight the firm’s philosophy and point of difference.
James Richard Patton
• Wrote introductory essay for a book of Mr. Patton’s poetry. Created marketing strategy and identified over 500 media, review, and archival sources to support it.
Theatre Development Fund (TDF)
Research and statistics Nov 10 – Aug 12
Part of branding and fundraising team for the Autism Theatre Initiative. Secured donors, developed concepts, compiled trend analysis reports. Worked with project managers and fundraising department to finesse marketing plan and expand geographic reach.
University of Iowa (UI)
Playwrights Workshop Aug 07 – May 10
• Three productions of original work: The House of Grateful, Truth and Truth, and The Grand Empty.
• Copywriter for university marketing and press campaigns
• Created collateral materials for the University’s marketing department
Theatre Communications Group (TCG)
Senior Artistic Programs Associate Apr 98 – July 07
• Wrote American Theatremagazine copy, press releases, web content
• Created trend analysis reports and conference presence materials
• Public outreach coordinator and events planner
• Coordinated and supervised web site construction; secured web developers
University of Iowa, BA, Theatre Arts, 1988. University of Iowa, MFA, Playwriting, 2010.
Original play, Slam, was produced by the Turkish American Repertory Theater, NYC, 2012. Some knowledge of Turkish. Practitioner of Kundalini Yoga. Knitter. Pinterest junkie.
Finalist, ReOrient Festival 2012, for Evening in Istanbul
Norman Felton Award, University of Iowa, 2007-2010
New York Women in Film & Television